City of Peoria Schedules Computer System Upgrade for January 17-18
Online payments will be impacted; in-person payments will still be accepted
December 28, 2022 (Peoria, IL) Community members wanting to make payments to the City on January 17 and 18 will be impacted by a computer system software upgrade. Parts of the online payment system will not be available, but residents will still be able to make payments in person during that time. City offices will also be closed on Monday, January 16 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Online payments that are not available on January 17 & 18:
Online payments that are available on January 17 & 18:
Payments for the above fees may still be made at City Hall during the upgrade. Cash, check, or money order will be accepted. Credit cards will not be accepted during this time. Residents must bring in associated paperwork as staff will be unable to access online account information. Information on payment options may be found on the City's website.
Important items to note during the system upgrade:
- In-person payments may be made by cash, check, or money order. A handwritten receipt will be provided.
- Staff will not have access to your online account information. Please bring the accompanying paperwork with you.
- The City will not be able to process credit card payments during this timeframe.
- Hours of operation: the Treasurer’s Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am-noon and 1 pm-4:30 pm.
- Residents may make payments in person, with the drop box at the Fulton Street entrance (no cash in the drop box, please), or by the walk-up window on the Madison Street side of City Hall.
- In-person payments will be processed by January 20, 2023.
Residents can also pay the below fines and fees in-person by check, mail, or money order:
- Hotel, restaurant, and amusement taxes
- Business development district taxes
- Special service area taxes
- Retiree insurance payments
- Monthly parking fees
- Hood rental fees
- Motor fuel tax
- False alarm invoices
- Work order invoices
- Stormwater Utility
- Public Safety Pension Fee
- Board up invoices
- Demolition invoices
- Payment plans
- Ordinance violations
- Catering fees
- Garbage fees
- Building permits
- Non-owner occupied property registration fees
- All licenses, except liquor licenses.
Please bring the associated paperwork.