The ‘Know More No More Campaign’ has arrived and is now available to all community members in Peoria and surrounding areas.
The Know More No More campaign shares information that results in transparency, legitimacy, and trust, to achieve a safer community.
Our mission is to empower our community through transparent and honest communication, to change lives, and to reduce crime. We are committed to working with our stakeholders to build trust and create a safer Peoria.
This campaign strives to build trust, peace, unity, and partnership throughout Peoria, Illinois.
Our theory is that by being transparent with real-time and accurate information, we are building relationships with the community that are based on trust. These relationships will foster collaborative partnerships with the Peoria community. The desired outcome is for residents to feel a sense of responsibility to share information,
resulting in a reduction in crime in Peoria.
Know More No More is now a tab on the new Peoria Police Department’s transparency dashboard. The transparency dashboard is the key to the Know More No More campaign, and it is now available to community members and surrounding areas.
Community policing involves three key elements:
• Developing community partnerships.
• Engaging in problem-solving.
• Implementing community policing organizational features.
This transparency dashboard was designed with these three elements in mind.
1. You will see how our officers engage the community to encourage active partnerships with the people we serve.
2. How we use data to proactively identify problems, develop innovative responses, and evaluate the results.
3. How the use of technology will provide access to accurate community information to enhance two-way communication, that supports community policing partnerships and problem-solving efforts.
The transparency dashboard is a one-stop view for residents to view information about crime statistics, events, and resources. This dashboard will report on items, including shots fired/shootings, homicides, and motor vehicle theft. Also, events and activities
hosted by, or in collaboration with the Peoria Police Department, will be posted here. Examples of postings include recruitment fairs, resident officers-sponsored events, summer safe zones, and listings of community-based organizations services, and programs.
We are using billboards (both digital and stationary), signs on buses, posters, flyers with QR codes and videos to get the word out about Know More No More. We are hosting a number of forums and/or town hall meetings to provide the community with
opportunities to voice concerns and develop solutions.