The 2023 Roof Program Lottery, which helps low-income homeowners with roof repairs, will open on Tuesday, January 17 at 8:00 AM and conclude on Friday, February 10 at 5:00 PM.
To qualify for the Roof Program, applicants must:
- Own their home and have current homeowners’ insurance
- Be current on property taxes
- Cannot owe the city any money
- Must be at or below the income limit for the household size (see chart below)
How to Apply
There are three ways to enter the Roof Program Lottery.
- Online at the Roof Program page
- Call: (309) 494-8629
- In-Person: City Hall, 419 Fulton Street, Room 203, Peoria, IL 61602 (Monday- Friday, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM)
There is a limit of one entry per household. Applying to the Roof Program Lottery does not guarantee assistance.
The lottery will be held on GoToMeeting on Tuesday, February 14th at 10:00 AM.
You can attend the lottery through your computer, tablet, or smartphone by visiting this link. You can call in to the meeting with your phone by calling 1-866-899-4679 and type in the access code:235-016-637 to enter the meeting.
You do not need to attend the lottery to be selected. All applicants will be contacted by City staff in the days following the drawing. The list of selected applicants, including the waitlist, will be posted on the City's website.
For questions, please contact the Development Center at 309-494-8600 or by email.