When can I burn trash or yard debris in my backyard?

The City of Peoria has a strict policy against open burning in the City limits of Peoria. Open burning is only allowed for recreational purposes (camp fire, wiener roast, etc.), providing a fire permit ($10 fee) is obtained. For more information on open burning and/or recreational fire permits, contact Division Chief of Fire Prevention Nate Rice at 309-494-8700 or 309-494-8794.

Show All Answers

1. What fire codes do the Peoria Fire Department Utilize?
2. Does the City of Peoria provide food for firefighters?
3. Do you fill swimming pools? Do you rent meters?
4. How can I get my blood pressure taken?
5. How can I schedule a speaker?
6. I want to become a firefighters. What requirements do I need to fulfill in order to become a firefighter?
7. I would like to arrange a visit to a fire station. How do I schedule this?
8. My cat is up a tree. Can you get it down?
9. What is the City's ISO rating for fire protection?
10. When can I burn trash or yard debris in my backyard?
11. When I'm driving down the road and hear or see a fire truck with its lights and sirens on, what's the best thing to do?
12. Where is the Fire Station nearest to my house?
13. Why do a fire engine and an ambulance both respond to a medical call?