How do I get a copy of a police report?

Requests for Peoria Police Department Records are handled through the Freedom of Information Act. You must submit your request in writing in order to help us determine the exact information you are requesting and your right to access. You can submit your request by: 

  • Letter to:
    Peoria Police Department
    Attn: Records - FOIA
    600 SW Adams Street
    Peoria, IL 61602
  • Fax 309-494-8440
  • Email the Police Department 
  • Hand-deliver it to the Police Department at the front Information Office

A sample of our form: FOIA Request Form for Police Records Only (PDF).

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a copy of a police report?
2. What should I do if I am a victim of a financial or property crime?
3. If I am a responsible, law-abiding citizen of Peoria who owns a gun, how do I go about registering it with the Police Department?
4. I understand that the City holds auctions of old police and municipal vehicles as well as other equipment. Where and when are they?
5. May I set up a basketball hoop in the street? What should I do?
6. My car was towed or impounded by the police. What do I need to do to get it back?
7. What are the curfew laws for the City of Peoria?
8. What are the laws governing child passengers in vehicles?