How do I know if my property should be registered?

Residential Properties must be registered/licensed if they fall under any of the categories listed below:

  • Rental Property: Property is being rented by a tenant (family member or non-family member)
  • Vacant Property: Property is unoccupied and has been vacant for 6 months or longer
  • Investment Property: Property is not the primary residence of the deeded owner
  • Contract-For-Deed: If you are selling your property as Contract-For-Deed, it is not owner occupied UNTIL an official deed transfer occurs, therefore the property must be registered with the City.
  • Multi-Family Properties: All multi-family properties must be registered with the City.
  • Short-Term Rental Property - Property or room/part thereof is being rented to a transient guest for 29 days or less 
  • Foreclosure - Property that is undergoing foreclosure action, foreclosure sale, or has had a judgement filed by a mortgagee or trustee. 

Show All Answers

1. How do I know if my property should be registered?
2. What does it mean to register my property as "Exempt"?
3. How do I pay for my Property Registration?
4. How much does it cost to register my property?
5. How do I register my property?