419 Fulton Street
Peoria, IL 61602
Term in Office:
May 2021 to May 2025
- B.A. and M.S., Eastern Illinois University, 2012, 2014.
- He is currently a doctoral student at Illinois State University, pursuing a Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration.
Wife and three children
- Traveling with his wife
- Being a human jungle gym for his three children
- Community service
Moved to Peoria:
Allen is a proud native of Peoria and an alumnus of Peoria Public Schools. He returned to Peoria in 2016 for a career opportunity.
- Peoria County Government, Chief Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Officer (October 2022-Present)
- Responsible for furthering the objectives of diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Peoria County organization and the greater community utilizing five key DEI perspectives: access and equity; inclusive participation; learning and diversity; community engagement; and leadership and commitment.
- Higher Education
- He has over ten years of progressive higher education experience, working for Eastern Illinois University, Illinois State University, and Methodist College of UnityPoint Health (MCUPH) in various roles and program areas. Allen previously served as Director of Student Affairs, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at MCUPH, providing strategic leadership and supervisory responsibility for all student services and DEI practices
• The Peoria Area Chamber of Commerce: Board Vice-Chairman
• Peoria Promise Foundation: Board of Directors
• Peoria Public Schools Foundation: Board Chairman
• Police-Community Relations Advisory Committee: Councilmember Liaison
• Tri-County Urban League, Inc.: Board of Directors
• Pediatric Resource Center: Board of Directors
• Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. Kappa Pi Lambda Chapter of Peoria, Illinois