Business Organizations in Peoria
- Distillery Labs Vision: To be a nationally recognized startup hub for entrepreneurs to launch and grow companies, drive innovation, and spur significant economic growth. Mission: Connecting people, ideas and resources to launch and grow new businesses in the Greater Peoria community.
- Greater Peoria Economic Development Council From their website:"The Greater Peoria Economic Development Council (GPEDC) is a regional economic development and planning organization serving five counties in Central Illinois: Logan, Mason, Peoria, Tazewell, and Woodford. The Greater Peoria EDC exists to promote economic development in the region through its six core programs which include Business Attraction, Business Assistance, Workforce Solutions, Innovation and Startups, Rural Development, and the Greater Peoria Manufacturing Network. Guided by our nationally recognized comprehensive economic development strategy, the Greater Peoria EDC is committed to advancing the region’s economy by supporting business and talent development and attraction."
- The Greater Peoria Hispanic Chamber of Commerce - The mission of the Greater Peoria Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is to grow commerce, community, and culture for Latinos in Greater Peoria.
- Illinois Small Business Development Center at the Turner Center for Entrepreneurship From their website: "Established in 1985, the Illinois Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at the Turner Center for Entrepreneurship has provided business counseling and support to entrepreneurs and existing businesses. The Center has accomplished this by providing businesses with the resources needed to solve business-related problems and take advantage of new opportunities. Each year since 2001, we have assisted over 300 companies obtain loans and invest equity in excess of $3.5 million to start or expand their business, which has led to the creation and retention of more than 150 jobs each year.
- The Illinois State Black Chamber of Commerce - From their website: "Our mission of the Illinois State Black Chamber of Commerce (ILBCC) is simple. We help small businesses access success through developing strategies to assist them in increasing their competitive ability and capacity. Since our inception we have seen steady growth and have worked with businesses and government agencies alike to help craft solutions in areas that directly help reduce economic disparity for our citizens and communities. For more than 22 years, we have operated at the highest levels in public and private sectors to help create sustainable opportunities for African Americans, women, and minority owned businesses alike. We advocate for the over 100,000 Black owned businesses that represent an extremely diverse slice of industries from all across Illinois."